Feet Pampering at Posh Nails Hand and Foot Spa: Kuripot Style part 2

At 8pm, my treatment officially started.

If the place looked spacious from the reception, the size of the place became even more impressive once I entered the spa area.

Clients are not simply seated on ordinary salon chairs but each of us had a couch to ourselves. Talk about comfort..




My treatment started with a foot soak:



Then came the scrub (which was not limited to the feet, but included the lower limbs). I didn't find the scrub satisfactory. My technician scrubbed very lightly. I was expecting the usual exfoliating scrub where the technician would vigorously scrub my feet with some rough pumice to remove dead skin at the sole of my feet, but there was none.


Then a green mask of sorts was applied to my legs and feet. The mask smelled minty and felt cold against my skin.


While waiting for the mask to settle and dry up, my nail technician, Julie, started applying acetone-soaked cotton on my nails to remove the polish and prepare my nails for my pedicure. She then proceeded to clean my nails and my pedicure began.

I must say that my technician had very light hands as I barely felt the tools work their way into my nailbeds. I still can't say, though, if that's bad or good because I'm the type who kinda likes the way it feels when a technician really digs deep and removes all the dead skin cells embedded between the nails and the nailbeds. The good, at least, was that I didn't feel pain while she was working my toes.

I was then made to choose my nail polish color. I always have a hard time choosing because I never really know which colors compliment my skin tone. As you might have already seen in my earlier pictures, to say that I don't have pretty feet is an understatement. My feet are downright humongous and ugly. That's why I am really careful about choosing the right color of nail polish to make sure that my feet would not get any uglier. I chose Orly's Jealous, Much? because I wanted to be adventurous. I've never gone candy-colored before.

After the technician finished cleaning my nails, the mask was removed and my legs and feet were treated to a massage. It was good enough. Nothing stellar and somewhat forgettable. I didn't feel enough pressure (I'm the type who likes her massages hard) and the technique was lacking in precision. It was a hodge-podge of squeezes and pulls. But hey, I can't complain, nails are their specialty, not the massage.

And so, my nails were painted. And here's how they turned out. (I'm still waiting for my polish to dry)...


At 299, the Refresh Feet Package was surely worth it, but I'm not sure if I'll be willing to shell out the full 600-peso regular price though. But maybe, this might just be because I am such a kuripot gal and not because of the service.

I was pleasantly surprised that the soles of my feel turned out smooth, pinkish and soft even without the vigorous scrubbing. There must have been something in the water. 

Would I recommend the treatment? At 299, Definitely.



Comments